Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just Peachy

I have a peach tree....






The fruit isn't quite ready yet, but everyday I go out into the backyard, put my nose up to the little fuzzy fruit and take in a big whif. I love that smell. Peaches have to be one of my favorite fruit. They are sweet and juicy and just remind me of summer. I am going to have A LOT of peaches here soon. So, I started "experimenting" with what I will do with them. I could can or jam, or whatever you call it!! But I won't. I will probably feed them to my kids until they turn into sweet little peaches, or... I will make Minted Peach Oatmeal! It doesn't matter that it is summer and oatmeal is a "winter" breakfast. I will eat it. I threw this together this morning and wanted more and more. The problem is, I only had one peach, and it was store bought. But this is what I plan to do with my peaches once they are ready to harvest. You should try it, it is light, sweet, and fulfilling.






Minted Peach Oatmeal

1 cup cooked old fashioned oats
a splash of milk

1 ripe peach, cut into pieces
1 squirt of agave nectar (to sweeten it)
a sprinkle of cinnamon

1 large mint leaf chopped up


Cook the oats on the stove, how you like it.... add the milk, peach, agave nectar, cinnamon, and mint. Mix and EAT!



I promise you will want more:)











1 comment:

  1. Yumm! I never thought of putting mint in my oatmeal!

    ReplyDelete